Skip to main content

How do I register an emotional support animal?

Emotional support animals (ESAs) offer emotional support to individuals who have mental health conditions or emotional health disabilities.

Your ESA may be exempt from certain pet-related fees or charges. To register your support animal, please provide us with a copy of your ESA Letter confirming that you or a member of your household listed on the lease can benefit emotionally from the presence of the ESA. The letter must:

  • request reasonable accommodation for an ESA on behalf of the resident

  • be written on the official letterhead of a licensed healthcare provider's practice

  • be signed by the healthcare provider

  • include the healthcare provider's license number and contact information